Your Donation Supports Our Values, Vision, and Mission
Giving Tuesday, a worldwide expression of generosity, is November 28. We hope you will support Spirituality & Practice's values, vision, and mission by including us in your #Giving Tuesday gifts. This year your donation is even more valuable. A long-time user of the website has graciously offered to match every Giving Tuesday donation.
S&P provides quality resources for your spiritual journey and everyday life with our book and film reviews, spiritual practices, live author interviews, the spiritual alphabet, and more varied content. We also provide a robust offering of spiritual learning through current and on-demand e-courses and our Spiritual Literacy Certificates Program.
Our Values, Vision, and Mission
Spirituality and practice are the two places where all the world's religions and spiritual paths come together. While respecting the differences among traditions, we celebrate what they share in common. We affirm interconnectedness and oneness as the true nature of reality. We acknowledge the active presence of Spirit in all aspects of everyday life.We believe in the power and potential of the Internet to create, support, and sustain individual and group spiritual practice. We focus upon personal and cultural resources that are expressive of the quest for meaning and purpose, wholeness and healing, commitment and community, inner work and action in the world.
We envision a global circle of people vitally engaged with the wisdom and transformative practices of the world's religious, spiritual, psychological, and cultural traditions, who are thereby equipped to live deeper and fuller lives and to serve their communities and the wider world. We aim to foster a loving world in which all people live with dignity, a sense of belonging, and a reverence for all life.
Spirituality & Practice serves people of all the world's religions and spiritual paths and those with no tradition through the website SpiritualityandPractice.com. Our mission is:
- to sustain and expand a content-rich website that creates, compiles, and curates a multifaith and interspiritual wisdom archive;
- to demonstrate spiritual literacy, the ability to recognize the spiritual dimensions of life written in the texts of our experiences;
- to provide authenticated and thoroughly researched and sourced resources for spiritual journeys;
- to offer a positive and spiritually progressive perspective on contemporary media, particularly books and films;
- to encourage everyday spiritual practice as an integral part of individual and community life;
- to promote the use of spiritual practices to enhance the quality of life for individuals during times of challenge and transition;
- to demonstrate how spiritual practices can be used to support justice, positive social change, and activism on behalf of the common good;
- to facilitate new types of spiritual communities and conversations using the technology and worldwide reach of the Internet;
- to develop new lifelong learning opportunities around spiritual practices, character qualities, and civic virtues, including e-courses, online retreats, and practice circles;
- to partner with and support spiritual teachers and organizations to reach learners outside the current models of local congregations, weekend workshops, conferences, and university programs.
- to foster multifaith understanding in our increasingly pluralistic world.
All Giving Tuesday donations will go into a fund to redesign the Spirituality & Practice website:
- updating our look and features for our worldwide audience;
- adding a robust “Wisdom Room” with videos of practice instructions, interviews, readings, meditations, and more;
- creating multiple ways for you to identify the content you need and save it;
- developing an app for quick access to your preferred practices and resources;
- and illustrating more ways that all of life is a spiritual practice through Spiritual Literacy and resources for spiritual journeys.
We would not be able to provide what we do without the help and support of our community! We are truly grateful to all of our donors. Thank you!